Here is my list, and I shall keep adding to it:
- Hey! Do you want to smoke weed?
- Wal-Mart Gentlemen: What you got there in your cart?
- Me: O just some food to cook for dinner
- (He eventually asked for my number. I think I told him I wasn't interested or something like that...which is really hard and uncomfortable for me to do)
- Wal-Mart Gentleman: Well, we both have to eat. Maybe me and you can cook something together
- A different Wal-Mart Gentleman: You think maybe you can give me your number?
- Me: Well I'm not really interested in a boyfriend right now. .I don't have time. (or something like that)
- A different Wal-Mart Gentleman: That's cool. We can just be friends. I don't fornicate.
- My thought at this moment: "I DON'T FORNICATE." Did you really just say that to me? That's great that you don't fornicate. I think I was more shocked that he actually used that word. I only ever see or hear that word in the bible. Ha! Good for you young man. Good for you.
- You remind me of Brandy. (this was back when I had braids)
- Guy at my apartment complex: I don't know if you like short dudes or not, but I seen that you a petite girl, and I like that. (really wish I could remember the whole conversation. It was just amazing.)
That's all that I can remember for now. Whenever the Lord blesses me with little Roman (my future child), I am going to make sure his daddy teaches him how to talk to a woman. It goes a little something like, "Hello, my name is Roman. What's your name? Are you from around here?" OK, well I'm partially joking with that intro, but I don't think I am. After hearing all of those lines above, I would gladly welcome the "Are you from around here?" line. Gladly. Well, until my next trip to Wal-Mart, adios.
-from Lydia ;)